The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
The Selachian Gambit was the eighth story of the sixth series in The Companion Chronicles. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Steve Lyons and featured Jamie McCrimmon and Polly Wright.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Galacti-Bank vault utilises dimensional transcendentalism. The contents of the vault are contained in a pocket universe which can only be accessed by using the correct combination, which changes four times per day.
- The security for the Galacti-Bank Corporation is supplied by Tartarus Security.
- Selachians have an embassy on Pluto.
- The TARDIS is clamped with a force field around it preventing the travellers access to it until a 10 credit fee is paid.
- Ben and Polly make "glue bombs" from glue that Ben finds in a ventilation shaft used to secure the bank's structure from space-based strikes.
- Polly makes everyone tea.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 21 October 2011 at The Moat Studios.
- For the benefit of listeners without knowledge of the BBC Past Doctor Adventures, no direct references are made to The Murder Game, the novel in which the Doctor, Ben and Polly first encountered the Selachians. Any necessary information about the Selachians is delivered to the audience through Jamie, who has not met them before.
- This story was known as "The Vault" but changed due to Tales from the Vault being commissioned.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Jamie refers to the Battle of Culloden. (TV: The Highlanders)
- The Doctor, Ben and Polly previously encountered the Selachians aboard the Hotel Galaxian spacecraft in 2136 (PROSE: The Murder Game) whereas the Doctor, Jamie and Zoe Heriot would later do so on Ockora and Kalaya in 2204 (PROSE: The Final Sanction). Many years later in his personal timeline, the Seventh Doctor encountered them on the Moonbase in 2044 in an alternative timeline. (AUDIO: The Architects of History)
- Jamie and Ben refer to their escape from the Milice in Vichy France in February 1944. (AUDIO: Resistance)
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.