Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is not a valid source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Here in The Second Doctor Who Monster Book is the story of the new Doctor in his fourth most exciting incarnation. How and why he changed his form... the story of his companions, adventures and, above all, the fresh array of monstrous enemies he encountered on the way.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
- This book again mixes large photographs, and fewer illustrations from the Target novelisation covers along with text by Terrance Dicks.
- The book features sections on Sarah Jane Smith, Harry Sullivan and Leela.
- Each story is related by way of a two-page spread and story outline.
- Stories covered:
- The Ark in Space
- The Sontaran Experiment
- Terror of the Zygons
- Revenge of the Cybermen
- Genesis of the Daleks
- Planet of Evil
- Pyramids of Mars
- The Android Invasion
- The Brain of Morbius
- The Seeds of Death
- The Masque of Mandragora
- The Hand of Fear
- The Deadly Assassin
- The Face of Evil
- The Robots of Death
- The Talons of Weng-Chiang
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Photographs from The Tomb of the Cybermen are used for the Revenge of the Cybermen spread. (Target Books occasionally swapped and mixed Cyberman models in artwork with little regard for how they had appeared in a given story.)
- Following the success of The Doctor Who Monster Book, this second book again featured a cover art by Chris Achilleos but was smaller in size, featured colour and did not come with a poster. It had a price of 70p UK.
- The back cover features a block advert for the forthcoming (November 1977) Doctor Who Discovers books. "The first five of many more titles..."