A condensed 5 minute version of this episode was made available to download in .mp4 format for seven days after broadcast, as part of a BBC trial of video podcasts. It was later uploaded to the BBC's YouTube channel. Both of these were cropped into 4:3 aspect ratio.
Aspects of production covered Edit
- The necessity to bring the Master back, and how he stands as an equal to the Doctor.
- The casting of John Simm as the Master.
- Filming for the scene in which the Master kills the Cabinet Ministers.
- The SFX work for exploding Martha's flat.
Additional topics covered Edit
- The previous incarnations of the Master within the classic series and the TV movie.
People interviewed Edit
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Colin Teague, Director, Episode 12
- John Simm, The Master
- Phil Collinson, Series Producer, Doctor Who
- Freema Agyeman, Martha Jones
- Danny Hargreaves, Special Effects Supervisor
- Nicholas Gecks, Albert Dumfries
- Eric Roberts, The Master
- Paul Kelly, Special Effects Supervisor
- Tom Lucy, Stunt Co-ordinator
- Ken Garside, Armourer
- Trevor Laird & Adjoa Andoh, Clive & Francine Jones
Music list Edit
- "Mad World" by Micheal Andrews & Gary Jules, Album: Single
- "Johnny Appleseed" by Joe Strummer, Album: Global A Go Go
- "Burning Down The House" by Talking Heads, Album: Stop Making Sense
- "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac, Album: Rumours
- "Always/Never" by Manic Street Preachers, Album: Lifeblood
- "Voodoo Child" by Rogue Traders, Album: Here Comes The Drums
- "Things Can Only Get Better" by D:Ream, Album: D:Ream Vol 1
- Camera - James Daniels, Alastair Evans, Nick Jardine, Aled Jenkins
- Sound - Paul Baker, Kevin Meredith, Sean Miller, Will Planitzer, Andrew Yarme
- Runner - Scott Handcock
- Edit Assistants - Sam Jones, Christopher Moore
- Researchers - Nathan Landeg, Jamie Lynch
- Assistant Producers - Geoff Evans, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Amanda Buckley
- Production Accountant - Elaine Stephenson
- Production Co-ordinator - Tors Grantham
- Post Production Co-ordinator - Vickie Mansell
- Production Managers - Kirsty Reid, Natalie Street
- Production Executive - Paul Williams
- Editors - James Brailsford, Sven Brooks, Marius Grose, Fiona Pandelus
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing - Mark Ferda
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Edit Producer - Mark Procter
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
to be added
Home video releases Edit
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series DVD box set.