The Sacrifice of Jo Grant was the third story in the audio anthology The Legacy of Time, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Guy Adams and featured Tim Treloar as the Third Doctor, Katy Manning as Jo Jones, Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Ingrid Oliver as Osgood.
Publisher's summary Edit
When pockets of temporal instability appear in a Dorset village, UNIT are called in. Soon, Kate Stewart and Jo Jones find themselves working alongside the Third Doctor, while Osgood battles to get them home. But this isn't the first time UNIT has faced this threat. Only before, it seems that Jo Grant didn't survive...
to be added
- The Doctor - Tim Treloar
- Jo Jones - Katy Manning
- Kate Stewart - Jemma Redgrave
- Osgood - Ingrid Oliver
- Lieutenant Wallace - Nicholas Briggs
- Allison Williams - Karen Gledhill
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Jon Culshaw
Uncredited cast Edit
- Kate says that the events in the past took place during Jo's first year at UNIT.
- Jo and Osgood plan to go paintballing.
- The events in 1972 are on file at UNIT as the "Winspit Incident".
- A pliosaur slips through one of the holes in time into the 2010s from the Jurassic era.
- Jo incorrectly remembers the Third Doctor as having been a vegetarian.
- The Doctor once taught Jo Venusian aikido.
- The Brigadier remarks that UNIT in the future is in excellent hands.
- The Brigadier would not initially appear in the episode and was only added after Jon Culshaw was cast in the role for The Third Doctor Adventures: Volume Five. (BFX: The Legacy of Time)
- The "Winspit Incident", so-called by UNIT, is undoubtedly a reference to Winspit Beach and Quarry, located on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset (this story's setting), where The Underwater Menace and Destiny of the Daleks were filmed.
- When Kate says that the incident happened during her first year at UNIT, Jo replies she would probably be stuck at HQ, going through "reported sightings of the Master". (TV: Colony in Space)
- Jo accidentally tells the Doctor that his exile on Earth will eventually be rescinded. (TV: The Three Doctors)
- Jo recalls ruining the Doctor's experiment on the day she first came into his laboratory. The Doctor admits that he did not realise how lucky he was to have her, for a time, but states that she was extraordinary from the very start. (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- The Third Doctor manages to save Jo's life by exploiting the fact that he had over forty years to find a new solution, much like how the Tenth Doctor defeated the Weeping Angels in Blink.
- Jo mentions the Doctor creating a Time flow analog from corks and forks. (TV: The Time Monster)
- Jo mentions her encounter with the Drashigs. (TV: Carnival of Monsters)