- Jennie wonders if the Emperor is made of real gold.
Dalek technology Edit
- The Dalek City's hydroponic force houses, weapon shops and communication rooms are seen.
- The Daleks use Dalek Tunnellers to tunnel under the humans' force field.
- Several new varieties of hoverbout are seen, only one of which is identified as such.
- The humans put up force fields in a square around their ship to stop the Daleks attacking them.
- The description "next universe but one" comes from the stage play The Curse of the Daleks.
- Once again, "android" is used to refer to humanoid species.
- Starmaker uniforms go from blue to red as the story progresses.
- This was the last of the TV 21 Dalek stories. Alan Fennell says that the series had run its course. Had it continued, TV 21's placement of all published stories in the Century 21 universe might have led to an actual crossover.
- The story's end, with the Daleks planning to conquer Earth, was written to lead into Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.
- Decades later, the series was continued in Doctor Who Magazine by its last artist, Ron Turner and his agent, John Lawrence.
- The Daleks finally find Earth, which they have been trying to locate since COMIC: Legacy of Yesteryear.
- When Lodian and Yvric observed Earth, it was nine galaxies away. (COMIC: Legacy of Yesteryear) In the 25th century, Skaro physically enters the Sol system (COMIC: Invasion of the Daleks) and it is implied that Skaro has been in the Sol system in the distant past (COMIC: City of the Daleks) but this may only be Dalek propaganda.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.