The Rise of the New Humans was the first story in The Third Doctor Adventures: Volume Four.
Publisher's summary Edit
When a man dies after falling from the top floor of a multi-storey car park, the Doctor and Jo wonder why it should be of interest to UNIT. Then they see the protuberances on the man's back... As he fell, he tried to grow wings.
Breaking into some restricted wards, the Doctor notes the presence of alien and futuristic technology. The whole thing bears the unmistakable hallmarks of one of his own people's interference, one of his old foes. Except not perhaps the one he might have imagined.
The Monk is back. And this time his meddling may have gone too far.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tim Treloar
- Jo Grant - Katy Manning
- The Monk - Rufus Hound
- Dr Kurdi - Mina Anwar
- Chief Orderly / Wilde / Jumper - Joe Sims
- Harriet / Woman / Radio Technician - Clare Corbett
- Francis / Morgue Attendant / Patient / Orderly - Silas Hawkins
- The Monk refers to the Doctor and Master's rivalry as "a grudge".
- The Doctor at first believed the Master was involved before the Monk showed himself.
to be added
- When talking with the Third Doctor about his former companions, the Monk mentions "Brassy birds from Blackpool", a reference to Lucie Miller, a future companion of the Eighth Doctor. (AUDIO: The Resurrection of Mars)
- The Doctor notes that human society would collapse if death were eradicated. (TV: Torchwood: Miracle Day)