Publisher's summary Edit
Guests at the Hôtel des Rois are being haunted by ancestors that never existed. The Brigadier was only in Geneva to finalise his retirement, but how could he resist? Investigating, the Brigadier quickly finds something unusual. A warrior in leathers. A warrior called Leela...
History is about to catch up with both of them. History that neither of them thinks is real.
to be added
- It's been days since Xoanon and the Sandminer. Leela has not had fresh air.
- The Brigadier wants to move on from UNIT after over 12 years of defending Earth.
- The Doctor mentioned the Brig defending the United Kingdom to Leela.
- All children of the Sevateem are taught the names of priests.
- Leela believes the Doctor has no name, and if he does, he has never told her.
- The Doctor's memory of working for UNIT for several years is stolen.
- The Doctor doesn't remember mastering Venusian aikido two incarnations back. He says it requires five arms and three legs.
- The Molai use an energy field.
- The Molai's history was wiped out, due to a hidden war spreading across the galaxy.
- Leela doesn't know about regeneration.
- This story takes place immediately after the 1981 section of the novel Scary Monsters, which ends with the Brigadier in the bar of the Hôtel des Rois.
- Lethbridge-Stewart's former partners include Vera, (PROSE: Deadly Reunion) Mariatu, (PROSE: Transit) Fiona, (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice) Sally, (PROSE: The Forgotten Son) and Doris. (TV: Battlefield)
- Leela's knife previously belonged to her mother, Neela. Neela used the knife on Horda that killed Leela's sister, Ennia. Ennia died before Leela was born. (PROSE: Eye of Heaven)
- Leela uses a Tesh laser gun (TV: The Face of Evil) and remembers there is no such thing as magic. (TV: The Robots of Death)
- The Brigadier wanted to be a teacher. (TV: Mawdryn Undead)
- The Doctor mentions the Yeti, (TV: The Web of Fear) Cybermen, (TV: The Invasion) Hilda Winters, (TV: Robot) and Zygons. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)