The Red House was the second story in the audio anthology The Sixth Doctor: The Last Adventure, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Alan Barnes and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard.
Publisher's summary Edit
Plot EditThe Doctor and Edwardian adventuress Charlotte Pollard find themselves in a small rustic village nestled in the woods at sunrise. The tolling of a bell should mean the beginning of a brand new day, but instead rings for an ominous curfew. As the villagers lock themselves in their homes, a pack of werewolves in strange bodysuits attack the duo. Separated in the chaos, Charley finds herself in a mansion overlooking the town, where a scientist vows to cure her of her bestial nature with the assistance of her mysterious and devious assistant. And the Doctor discovers that a second pack of werewolves lie deep in the forest, a group who want to do nothing more than…allow the sun to beat down about them so they can transform into their human forms!
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charlotte Pollard - India Fisher
- The Valeyard - Michael Jayston
- Sergeant - Ashley McGuire
- Dr Paignton/Constable - Andree Bernard
- Ugo - Rory Keenan
- Lina - Jessie Buckley
- Arin/Dennis - Kieran Hodgson
- Charley describes herself as an "Edwardian adventuress", but notes that she is technically a "Georgian adventuress" as her monarch was King George V. She sees the Georgian era as associated more with Jane Austen.
- The Doctor's pocket-watch was given to him by Beau Brummell, the "king of the dandies".
- Charley is intricately bound to the Web of Time.
- The Valeyard claims that humans are second best in the universe at exterminating.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Charley says she has encountered fictional highwaymen and Marxist Daleks. (AUDIO: The Doomwood Curse, Brotherhood of the Daleks) She mentions the Jabberwocky and Vortisaurs, but this confuses the Doctor. This is because these events are in the future of his personal timeline. (AUDIO: Zagreus, Storm Warning)
- The Valeyard threatens to tell the Doctor of Charley's true identity; that she is more than just a random castaway in 500,002 but a companion of the Eighth Doctor (AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was, The Condemned); it is unclear if this means that he now remembers the truth about Charley from this point in his life, or if the Valeyard still has the Doctor's memories of Mila- Charley having arranged for the Viyrans to alter the Sixth Doctor's memories of her when she leaves him (AUDIO: Blue Forgotten Planet)- and merely put the pieces together now based on his memories of her parting with the Eighth Doctor.
- Official The Red House - The Sixth Doctor: The Last Adventure page at bigfinish.com
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.