The Rani is a prisoner. Of the Tetraps. Those hideous rodent-like vampires over which she once ruled. No longer. The devious Urak, her erstwhile disciple, has turned the tables. The Rani is put on trial. And condemned to death. A sentence to be commuted if she exercises her unique scientific prowess to solve a problem threatening to depopulate Tetrapyriabus. Famine. Shortage of food.
The answer is in the cells where a pair of kidnapped humans and a pair of aliens are incarcerated. Destined to become the subjects of a brutal experiment. The Rani forges an unholy alliance with the four "guinea-pigs" in a perilous attempt to escape the nightmare of the planet...
The First Rani is taken to the courtroom of Tetrapyriarbus, where Urak testifies that she attempted to kill him to save herself, which she does not deny. She, however, concludes that the Tetraps do not want to kill her because they need her. Urak admits she is the only one with the talents to help them get what they want: blood.
to be added
- The Rani - Kate O'Mara
- Urak / Dean - Anthony Keetch
- Sam / Vorag - Edward Cory
- Lucy / Pivor - Patricia Merrick
- Arbitus - Brian Knight
to be added
- The story was originally announced under the title of Resurrection of the Rani.
- A new cover accompanied the 2021 download release of the story on the BBV website.
- The Rani was taken captive by the Tetraps, who hijacked her TARDIS to take to Tetrapyriarbus. (TV: Time and the Rani)