The Raincloud Man was the one hundred and sixteenth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Having just defeated the Krotons, the Sixth Doctor is treating Charley to a hearty English breakfast, when an intriguing mystery suddenly presents itself. And to solve it, they must plunge back into the criminal underbelly of Manchester, where an old friend is up to her neck in alien trouble.
But what seemed like a mere mystery ends up being a life or death struggle at the centre of an interplanetary war in which the stakes are so high, the Doctor or Charley must gamble and lose their identity. And throughout, the lone figure of the Raincloud Man may hold the key to success or failure.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- D.I. Menzies - Anna Hope
- Brooks - Michael Fenton-Stevens
- Lish - Aiden J David
- Carmen - Octavia Walters
- Kelsa - Simon Sherlock
- Tabbalac Leader - Jeremy James
- The Bouncers - Steve Hansell
- The Cyrox - Andrew Dickens
References[edit | edit source]
Culture[edit | edit source]
- DI Menzies has grasped the fundamentals of time travel so readily because she has seen Back to the Future.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Tabbalac virus may be one of the viruses from the Amethyst Viral Containment Station created by the Viyrans during their war with their unknown enemy.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 June 2008.
- An illustrated preview for this story by Rob Davis appeared in DWM 403.
- This story is set between The Trial of a Time Lord and Time and the Rani.
- This story was originally released on CD and download on 11 December 2008.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor and Charley refer to their recent encounter with the Krotons. (AUDIO: Return of the Krotons)
- Charley tells D.I. Menzies that she has met the Doctor out of order, given that she previously travelled with his eighth incarnation. (AUDIO: Storm Warning to AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was) Menzies would have the same experience herself two years later. (AUDIO: The Crimes of Thomas Brewster)
- The Doctor politely refuses D.I. Menzies' request to travel with him, citing the growing mystery surrounding Charley's true identity, though he states that one day he may return and take her up on the offer. It was later revealed in AUDIO: The Crimes of Thomas Brewster that the Doctor had met Menzies prior to the events of AUDIO: The Condemned in his personal timeline in 2010 while in the company of Evelyn Smythe.
- The Doctor has previously visited the year 2012. He would later do so again during his seventh (AUDIO: Frozen Time), eighth (PROSE: The Shadows of Avalon), ninth (TV: Dalek), tenth (TV: Fear Her) and eleventh incarnations (TV: Good as Gold).
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Raincloud Man page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Raincloud Man at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide