Summary[edit | edit source]
The Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond are chased by a boot-wearing mummy up the side of a pyramid in Egypt. The mummy is soon unbound and revealed to be a young man called Oliver, one of the security guards for the pyramids. They haven't arrived in Egypt, but a giant museum. The blue sky is the ceiling and the pyramids nothing but replicas.
Oliver was attacked by cat-like aliens called the Sehkmets and tied up while they stole the prize exhibit — a priceless crystal scarab. Having escaped with the scarab, which they plan to sell to buy a battle fleet, the Sekhmets make their way to the top of a pyramid. An alien spaceship is waiting to leave through a hole in the ceiling.
The Doctor uses Oliver's bandages to lasso the scarab from one of the Sekhmets' hands. They leave empty-handed. The scarab is returned to its podium for others to enjoy.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor claims he learnt to use a lasso from the Lone Ranger.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 184 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – Trouble in the Steel Web!
- No reprints to date.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added