The Prisoner of Peladon was the third story of the fourth series of The Companion Chronicles, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Cavan Scott and Mark Wright, narrated by David Troughton and featured the Third Doctor, King Peladon and Alpha Centauri.
The planet Peladon has joined the Galactic Federation, and has undergone a painful period of change. Still eager to embrace alien culture, King Peladon has welcomed refugee Ice Warriors to his world — innocent creatures that are fleeing the New Martian Republic.
But, as an old friend returns to the capitol, there is murder in the refugee camps. Could the truth lie in an ancient legend?
to be added
to be added
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 June 2009 at the Moat Studios.
- It was released on 25 September 2009.
- This story was told from King Peadon's perspective. This was one of two Companion Chronicles stories to be told from the perspective of characters often not considered to be companions of the Doctor, the other being The Mahogany Murderers (although Jago and Litefoot had since become the Sixth Doctor's companions in The Sixth Doctor Adventures audio range).
- This audio drama was directed by Nicola Bryant, who is best known for playing the Fifth and Sixth Doctor's companion Peri Brown.
- To date, this is the only audio drama to feature the Third Doctor travelling alone.
- This story is set between The Green Death and The Time Warrior.
- As this story details the Doctor's second chronological visit to Peladon, The Monster of Peladon details his third chronological visit.
- This is a rare Peladon story to not feature Aggedor.
- Alpha Centauri and Grun appear in this story. They first appeared in TV: The Curse of Peladon.
- The Doctor tells Peladon that Jo Grant has recently left. (TV: The Green Death)
- Peladon recounts the events of this story to his baby daughter Thalira. (TV: The Monster of Peladon)