The Prisoner of Peladon was the third story of the fourth series in The Companion Chronicles. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Cavan Scott and Mark Wright and featured King Peladon, from the 1972 serial The Curse of Peladon.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The planet Peladon has joined the Galactic Federation, and has undergone a painful period of change. Still eager to embrace alien culture, King Peladon has welcomed refugee Ice Warriors to his world — innocent creatures that are fleeing the New Martian Republic.
But, as an old friend returns to the capitol, there is murder in the refugee camps. Could the truth lie in an ancient legend?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 June 2009.
- It was released on 25 September 2009.
- As was the case with the audio story The Mahogany Murderers, this audio drama focuses on a character who was never an "official" companion of the Doctor.
- This audio drama was directed by Nicola Bryant, who is best known for playing the Fifth and Sixth Doctor's companion Peri Brown.
- To date, this is the only audio drama to feature the Third Doctor travelling alone.
- This story is set between The Green Death and The Time Warrior.
- As this story details the Doctor's second chronological visit to Peladon, The Monster of Peladon details his third chronological visit.
- This is a rare Peladon story to not feature Aggedor.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Centauri and Grun appear in this story. They first appeared in TV: The Curse of Peladon.
- The Doctor tells Peladon that Jo Grant has recently left. (TV: The Green Death)
- Peladon recounts the events of this story to his baby daughter Thalira. (TV: The Monster of Peladon)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]