The Planet That Went Backwards was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2013.
Summary[edit | edit source]
An adventure that begins at the end on a planet that exists outside of normal time with the Doctor and Clara trying to escape the Drooloords before its too late.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Finding themselves literally retracing their recent adventure, the Doctor and Clara find themselves fleeing an exploding castle only to find it putting itself back together after the Doctor's damage to the teleport controls is undone. Then they walk back into the river where they are carried against the current to the foot of some cliffs where they find themselves falling back up the cliff. On the cliff edge they are being threatened by Drooloords that disappear no sooner than they have arrived. Even speech when used is in reverse. The Doctor has to telepathically link with Clara, and explains that time is running backwards and that they must be on the planet Ooharahoo, a planet that exists outside of normal time and is populated by Drooloords — creatures whose drool affects time. The Drooloords reappear and attempt to stop the Doctor and Clara from reaching the TARDIS but they fail, leaving the Doctor with only a bit of drool on his jacket. The drool on the jacket shortly after arriving was what disrupted the sequence of events in the first place. Clara decides that next time they should go forward in time, not backwards.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The drool on the Doctor's shoulder is missing for a chunk of the story in several frames. If it was washed off in the river then it reappears as the castle explodes.
- This is one of the few occasions "think bubbles" have been used in the strip to communicate dialogue.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 315 (4 pages) More adventures next time
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- By placing his hands on either side of a person's head the Doctor is able to communicate directly with the person through a mental link as he did with Madam de Pompadour (TV: The Girl in the Fireplace) and Craig Owens. (TV: Closing Time)