The Perpetual Bond was the eighth story of the fifth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Simon Guerrier and featured Steven Taylor and new companion Oliver Harper.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
When the TARDIS materialises in a familiar junkyard in the 1960s, the Doctor and Steven are soon embroiled in a mystery in the City of London. Who are the mysterious, bowler-hatted businessmen with their deadly umbrellas? What secret is young Oliver Harper desperately trying to conceal?
Contracts have been signed. A deal is in place. The Doctor discovers that perhaps not even he can stop a terrible business...
Plot[edit | edit source]
The Perpetual Bond (1)[edit | edit source]
to be added
Fair Trade (2)[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor tells Steven that certain parts of London are still in the process of being rebuilt after "some terrible war."
Story notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 27 May 2010.
- This story is set between The Daleks' Master Plan and The Massacre.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Steven recalls the recent deaths of Katarina, Bret Vyon and Sara Kingdom (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan) and the departure of Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright (TV: The Chase).
- The Doctor returns to I.M. Foreman's junkyard at 76 Totter's Lane for the first time since departing 1963 in the company of Ian, Barbara and his granddaughter Susan Foreman. (TV: An Unearthly Child) He would later do so again in 1963 during his both his fourth and seventh incarnations (PROSE: Those Left Behind, TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) and in 1985 during his sixth incarnation (TV: Attack of the Cybermen). The junkyard still existed in 2013. (TV: The Day of the Doctor) By 2021, Totter's Lane is a commercially zoned area of Shoreditch which is mostly made up of office blocks. A car park has been built on the former location of the junkyard. (AUDIO: The Harvest)
- Steven refers to his previous visit to London in 1912. (AUDIO: The Suffering) He also visited the city in February 1814 (AUDIO: The Suffering) and in March 1965. (TV: The Massacre, PROSE: Salvation)
- The Doctor and Steven previously visited 1966 in the company of Sara Kingdom when the TARDIS materialised in East Berlin during that year. (AUDIO: The Anachronauts)
[edit | edit source]