A letter arrives at Nest Cottage, warning of danger for all former companions of the Doctor. Intrigued, Mrs Wibbsey begins a correspondence with one Polly Wright - and soon finds herself with an unexpected guest for Christmas.
But shadows are gathering in the Hexford snow, and old scores are waiting to be settled. With Mike Yates and other friends around her, Mrs Wibbsey must navigate her way between facts and half-truths if she’s to keep the Doctor’s secrets safe, and live to tell the tale...
to be added
- Fenella Wibbsey
- Mike Yates
- Tish Madoc
- Deirdre Whatsit
- Angela Leamann
- Tobias Harmer
- Fourth Doctor
- Harmer has tracked down Liz Shaw, Olive Hawthorne, and Bessie.
- Wibbsey has enough reflexes to dodge a bullet.
- Wibbsey receives Bessie's message. (AUDIO: Bessie Come Home)
- Wibbsey and Yates mention their past adventures. (AUDIO: The Stuff of Nightmares, et al.)
- Researching Penumbra, Wibbsey and Tish learn about the experiences of Barbara Wright (AUDIO: London, 1965) and Polly Wright. (AUDIO: Sleeper Agents)
- Yates has heard that UNIT has currently "gone to ground". (TV: Survivors of the Flux)