The Oseidon Adventure was the sixth and final story in the first series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Alan Barnes and featured Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Louise Jameson as Leela.
Publisher's summary Edit
The first time the fearsome Kraals attempted to take over the Earth, with the help of their android agents, things didn't go quite according to plan — thanks to the time-travelling alien Doctor and his allies at UNIT.
This time, Marshal Grinmal and his belligerent cohorts are ready for them. This time, they'll make no mistakes. This time, Chief Scientist Tyngworg has not just one plan, but a back-up plan, and a back-up back-up plan worked out...
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- The Master - Geoffrey Beevers
- Colonel Hugh Spindleton - Michael Cochrane
- Marshal Grinmal / Captain Clarke - Dan Starkey
- Tyngworg / Warner / UNIT R/T Operator - John Banks
Uncredited cast Edit
- Marshal Grinmal forges an alliance with Colonel Spindleton, who agrees to offer any and all assistance to the Kraal invasion force on the condition that he be allowed to rule England once the Kraals have conquered.
- Colonel Spindleton tells Marshal Grinmal that James Callaghan is the current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart is in Canada investigating sentient electricity pylons which are stalking the Canadian countryside while Colonel Faraday is in Switzerland.
- During his third incarnation's exile on Earth, the Doctor attempted to use a Z-battery to jump start his TARDIS.
- In order to hypnotise others, Time Lords possess a psychic empathy field.
- Colonel Spindleton's horse Pink Gin, which was provided by the Master as a down payment, is in fact Shergar, a race horse which was stolen from Ireland in 1983.
- This story marks the first appearance of the Kraals in an audio drama and their first appearance in Doctor Who since their introduction in The Android Invasion in 1975.
- Tyngworg mentions code Quadruple J. The production code of The Android Invasion was 4J.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 August 2011.
- The Doctor previously encountered the Kraals in the company of Sarah Jane Smith. The Kraals have records of the Doctor's appearance from this encounter. (TV: The Android Invasion)
- The Master tells Leela that the last time that he met the Doctor was on Gallifrey. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- The Kraals have created a second duplicate of Devesham on Oseidon. (TV: The Android Invasion)
- The Master's TARDIS appears in the form of a grandfather clock. (TV: The Deadly Assassin, The Keeper of Traken)
- The Brigadier is still working for UNIT, and still remembers the Doctor. Therefore, it may be prior to or during 1976 rather than 1979 as he has not retired yet and has not lost his memory of the Doctor. However, given the UNIT dating controversy, it is far from clear. (TV: Mawdryn Undead)
- Official The Oseidon Adventure page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Oseidon Adventure at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide