to be added
- The Old Rogue serves full English breakfasts.
- The Doctor notes the TARDIS needs a new coat of paint.
- Romana watches The Jeremy Kyle Show at the Old Rogue.
- Arkinen destroyed all sentient life in the Helix nebula "for kicks".
- The Doctor has K9 act as his dentist, noting that "K9 is rather good with, well, canines".
- K9 is sent out of the café and several youths start kicking a football at him and spraying him with paint. K9 shoots the ball, setting it on fire. He stuns several of the youths and a policeman and knocks a police van over, setting it on fire.
- The original café owner, Sid, had his consciousness transferred into Arkinen's body and vice versa.
- Arkinen is an Anarken.
- The Second Doctor and Jamie McCrimmon imprisoned Arkinen on Earth in the hope that he would be rehabilitated.
- Arkinen created an understanding device to destroy planets.
- Ten years before the Fourth Doctor's arrival, the version of the Doctor who visited the Old Rogue was a "cricketer" with a "group of sulky teenagers." Ten years before that, the relevant version of the Doctor was "a tall chap in velvet" accompanied by "a dizzy dolly bird".
to be added
- The Doctor refers to meeting Torquemada, who "stretched [his] mind" and body. (PROSE: Managra)
- As they leave the café, the Doctor mentions wanting to visit Paris. (TV: City of Death)