- You may be looking for Neverwhen.
The Neverwhen was the third and final audio story in the anthology Infernal Devices, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured John Hurt as the War Doctor and Jacqueline Pearce as Cardinal Ollistra.
On an isolated world ravaged by battle, time itself has become a weapon, laying waste to all who live and die there. Arms and technology are in a state of flux — and it seems that everlasting war is their only option.
to be added
- The War Doctor - John Hurt
- Cardinal Ollistra - Jacqueline Pearce
- General Kallix - Tim Bentinck
- Daylin - Jaye Griffiths
- Commander Thrakken - Barnaby Kay
- Valis - Laura Harding
- Commander Barnac - Tracy Wiles
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Neverwhen exists outside of normal spacetime and was built by the people who pioneered time lock technology.
- Time phasing, which sends individuals through their own evolution, is a result of the time flux, also called a "chronon flux," which is a form of time distortion.
- The Time Lords move from level 5 technology to level 1, which the Doctor describes as "beyond the Dark Times."
- The Daleks evolve through several variants including Special Weapons, spider degradations, and Diamond Daleks.
- The potentiality warp is the Neverwhen's control matrix and holds its reality together. It's an engine room that exists both inside and outside of the Neverwhen, beyond most planes of existence.
- The Doctor received an "A" in quantum flux equations on the third attempt.
- The War Ollistra planned to use the Neverwhen flux with the Annihilator to break Skaro's time lock.
- Special Weapons Daleks, Temporal Weapon Dalek, and the Skaro Degradations are mentioned by Kallix as variants of the Daleks his soldiers have fought.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- The War Ollistra has tampered with the Doctor's TARDIS. (AUDIO: A Thing of Guile)
- Ollistra reminds the Doctor that he told her she'd find him in "the heart of the battle." (AUDIO: The Heart of the Battle)
- The Daleks are attempting to perfect permanent extermination against the Time Lords. (PROSE: Engines of War)
- The Neverwhen's potential for mass resurrection replaces the Aldriss project. (AUDIO: Legion of the Lost)
- The Doctor uses the Anima device. (AUDIO: A Thing of Guile)
- Kallix mentions the technology of the Sisterhood of Karn. (TV: The Brain of Morbius)