The Monsters of Gokroth was the two hundred and fiftieth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor and the return of Jessica Martin as Mags.
Publisher's summary Edit
The people of Gokroth live in fear of the monsters in the forest. Creatures with scales and fur, teeth and claws. But worse than these, perhaps, is the strange doctor who does unspeakable, unholy work in the high castle on the mountain...
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Mags - Jessica Martin
- Dr Maleeva / Balva - Victoria Yeates
- Varron - Jeremy Hitchen
- Trella / Lizard-Monster - Abi Harris
- Wilric - Dominic Vulliamy
- Gor / Bear-Monster / Porrow / Varron's creature - Andrew Fettes
- The Doctor refers to both Mags and Wilric as feeling "human again," implying they're actually human.
- Varron claims to be the "greatest entertainer" of the hundred systems, scouring their darkest depths for his menagerie.
- Mags has the "scent of the universe" on her, which is why she can never return to Vulpana. Her people rip apart anything that doesn't belong.
- The Doctor describes Maleeva's lab as "very Victor Frankenstein."
to be added
- Ace is currently "somewhere else" and has been for some time. (AUDIO: Dominion)
- Mags left the Psychic Circus after her transformations started to become a danger to both the performers and the audience. (TV: The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, COMIC: Hill of Beans)
- Gokroth has morphic fields, which the Doctor encountered previously on Lucifer. (PROSE: Lucifer Rising)