The Mists of Time was an audio drama in Big Finish Productions' The Companion Chronicles series. It was initially a digital download exclusively offered to readers of Doctor Who Magazine Issue 411, but was later released as part of the The Companion Chronicles: The Specials box set.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Many years ago, when she was travelling with the Doctor, Jo Grant visited Zayin Eight. Now, suddenly and inexplicably, she is back on that ravaged planet, and reunited with a human called Newton Calder. What happened to the missing members of Calder's team? What is the secret of the vast ruined city? The answers will lie in the dark and distant past of the Time Lords themselves...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Newton Calder has been on Zayin Eight for 296 days by the time of Jo's arrival.
- The Zayin system is located in the Argo Navis Cluster, 80 years from Earth.
- Calder, Anyetta, Alein and Tomis are affiliated with the Space Archaeology Group (SAG). They are exploring the remnants of an ancient civilisation which were detected by a passing probe.
- Jo's grandfather smoked a pipe. He often bought her ice cream behind her parents' backs. He died in 1958 when his granddaughter was seven years old.
- After Jo wishes that they were present, apparitions of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and Sgt. Benton come to her aid.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The story was initially released exclusively to readers of Doctor Who Magazine, with a given to download the story for free. It began with an introduction by Nicholas Briggs giving a brief history of the company's audio releases. This expired on 14 October 2009.
- Part One of this story ends with a literal cliffhanger.
- The story was originally a two-part story and presented this way in the original download version. When the story was made commercially available as part of The Companion Chronicles: The Specials box set in August 2011, it was re-edited as a single, feature-length story, possibly due to the story's length.
- This story was recorded on 3 June 2008 at the Moat Studios.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Jo refers to her encounter with Mrs Killebrew. (AUDIO: The Doll of Death)
- Jo recalls meeting freedom fighters from the 22nd century, who were at first mistaken for ghosts, at Auderly House. (TV: Day of the Daleks)
- The Doctor tells Jo that "sleep is for tortoises." (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Jo suggests using the ghost machine to summon the spirit of Richard III of England to discover the fate of the princes in the Tower (AUDIO: The Kingmaker) or to learn who had really assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy on 22 November 1963. (PROSE: Who Killed Kennedy; TV: Rose)
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Mists of Time - The Companion Chronicles Specials page at bigfinish.com