The Mind's Eye was the three-part story comprising part of the one hundred and second release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Colin Brake and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown and Caroline Morris as Erimem.
This is the only instance of a three-part audio story featuring the line-up of the Fifth Doctor, Peri and Erimem. One other three-part story featuring the Fifth Doctor and Peri was produced: Exotron.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Mind's Eye (A Three-Part Story)
This is a warning to all space farers. You must keep away from this planet. It's hostile, repeat, hostile.
In a distant galaxy, Erimem leads a troubled empire.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Erimem - Caroline Morris
- Hayton - Owen Teale
- Major Takol - Rebecca Front
- Kyle - Thomas Sangster
- Ukarme - Richard Laing
- Andree - Nicola Weeks
to be added
- This story was previewed in issue 389 of Doctor Who Magazine and featured an illustration by Cliff Robinson. Notably in the illustration in the panel featuring Peri on the wall are two Big Finish covers: this story's and The Bride of Peladon.
- The Mind's Eye is three episodes long. The remaining episode on the second disc is Mission of the Viyrans.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 and 27 July 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- It was first released on 9 November 2007.
- The reference book AHistory arbitrarily places this story in 2850, as it is set in the time of the Earth Empire.
- This story is set between Planet of Fire and The Caves of Androzani.
- Kyropites and Jekylls are again seen in AUDIO: Brotherhood of the Daleks.
- In her dream, Peri "remembers" Erimem being killed by "crocodile things." (AUDIO: Three's a Crowd)
- The Doctor learned how to pick locks from the American escapologist Harry Houdini. (PROSE: The Sorcerer's Apprentice; TV: Planet of the Spiders, AUDIO: Smoke and Mirrors)
- Official The Mind's Eye page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Mind's Eye at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide