- You may be looking for The Metal-Eaters, a completely different Third Doctor TVC story.
The Metal Eaters was a TV Comic story featuring the Third Doctor and Liz Shaw in her comic debut. It was historic as it featured the first comic strip appearance of a televised female companion contemporaneous — if only barely — with her appearance on television. It also featured the first comic appearance of Bessie, although the car wasn't actually named in the strip.
to be added
- The Doctor drives Bessie.
- BM Chemicals has storage tanks at Whitford.
- An airplane at West Barnton Airfield was due to take children to Holland for a school holiday.
- Siderite is a mineral composed of iron.
- This was Liz Shaw's first appearance in any comic strip.
Original print details
- (Publication with page count and closing captions)
- TVC 960 (2 pages) Are these iron particles alive ? Follow Dr. Who next week.
- TVC 961 (2 pages) What has happened to the sergeant ? See next week.
- TVC 961 (2 pages)
- TVC 962 (2 pages) But Dr. Who is unaware of one group of filings... For they left the meteorite before it was moved to the museum...
- TVC 963 (2 pages) A next exciting serial begins next week.
to be added