Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The TARDIS accidentally strands Peri alone on the inhospitable world of Calleto. Taking refuge with the planet’s only colonists, she waits and waits, but the Doctor doesn’t return. Her only hope lies in discovering the secrets of this planet.
It’s that, or she dies.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The only form of life Calleto will allow is a plant with red, plastic-looking flowers that sing.
- While the Doctor spends 82 minutes in the TARDIS, Peri spends months on Calleto.
- Calleto's attack on the TARDIS damages many of the circuits, the Doctor not knowing how long it'll take to repair them.
- Red is the universal colour for remembrance.
- Peri comments that back in her time, everyone was talking about Gaia, theorizing that the planet was alive.
- Millennia ago, Calleto was attacked by an army making its way across the galaxy. The planet was ravaged, taking thousands of years to heal itself, and even now it's not fully recovered.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Peri hasn't know the Doctor very long. (TV: Planet of Fire)
- The Doctor communicates with Calleto via the telepathic circuits. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- Peri hears a bell toll when the TARDIS is attacked, and later sits in one of the cloister rooms. (TV: Logopolis)