The Mazes of Time is the third Doctor Who video game featuring the Eleventh Doctor. It was released after the games Doctor Who: Return to Earth and Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth were released for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS respectively. The game was released onto Apple's App Store for use on the iPod Touch, the iPhone and the iPad. 
Publisher's summary Edit
An intrepid traveller through time and space and the last of the powerful Time Lords, the Doctor is armed only with his incredible intelligence and his sonic screwdriver. Join him and his human companion, Amy Pond, as they race to save an innocent family attacked by a rogue Dalek and hurtled into the depths of history. Your journey will take you from ancient Incan temples, to the frozen tombs of Telos and a stunning finale on a Dalek ship. Defeat your favourite enemies, solve devious puzzles, and restore peace throughout time!
- Brain twisting puzzles – over 100 in all!
- Travel through time and space to seven unique locations
- Increasingly complex environmental challenges to challenge your mind and reflexes
- Play as both the Doctor and his companion, Amy Pond, utilising their unique skills and abilities to solve challenges
- Features Daleks, Cybermen and Silurians – each with unique behaviour that requires different strategies of stealth and subterfuge to complete levels
- Authentic music from the show
- Features Open Feint and Game Centre achievements
The Doctor and Amy Pond have picked up a distress signal from a family ship around the horsehead nebula. They go there and check it out, and the Doctor realises that something is wrong. The family tells him that they have been attacked by a monster which boarded them, tore up the air-lock and is now locked up in the engine room. The Doctor and Amy go into the engine room and find a Dalek scientist. The Dalek wants to get the time engine, which is overloading. It starts exploding and the Doctor says that they have to get out. After they return to the place where the family has been Amy and the Doctor realise that the family has gone. They have been scattered through time by the explosion. The Doctor and Amy go search for each family member, but this is far more complicated than they originally thought. The Doc
At first they arrive at an Incan temple in Peru. There the find gold and time orbs, which were fragments of the time ship's drive system and have fallen through time with the Joneses. The Doctor tells Amy to collect them, since they can be used to fix the ship. Soon after that they see Cybermen. The Doctor tells Amy to collect gold which can be used against the Cybermen. Amy and the Doctor vaporised the gold. It clogged the Cybermen's joints, rendering them useless. Then Amy and the Doctor go through a portal to the headquarter of the Cyberman. They deactivated the Cybermen.
Then Amy and the Doctor visit Telos. The Cybermen just start to prepare Billy Jones for a conversion into one of them when Billy is saved by Amy and the Doctor. Billy stays in the TARDIS while Amy and the Doctor are trying to save his parents.
The Doctor and Amy go through another time portal. They see Silurian hunters and elite warriors who are armed. They sneak past them and arrive not far away from the centre of the Earth. There they see Mr Jones and set him free. They tell him that his son is alright but that his wife still needs to be save. Mr Jones stays together with his son at the TARDIS. The Doctor and Amy shut down the transmitters who are controlling the cave walls. This traps the Silurian inside, condemning the tribe to hibernation for countless more millennia. This ensures that the angry Silurians won't attack humanity.
Then the Doctor and Amy travel to the town Anglica, which was invaded by the Daleks. They soon find Mrs Jones who tells them that the Daleks only kept her alive to use her as a bait to take the time orbs from the Doctor. The Doctor sets Mrs Jones free.
However, there is Dalek ship in orbit. The Daleks are threatening to destroy Earth if the Doctor doesn't do what they say. The Doctor travels with his TARDIS to the Dalek space ship. He tells Mrs Jones to wait in the TARDIS, where it's safe. Meanwhile, Amy and the Doctor explore the Dalek ship. The get to the Dalek bridge. According to the Doctor only a handful of people have been there and lived.
The Doctor finally uses the Daleks own weapons against them. He runs to the ship's navigational controls and screams at the Daleks to get him. The Daleks shoot at him and hit the ship's navigational controls which overloads them. The Dalek ship is hurling towards the outer limits of the galaxy. The Doctor and Amy manage to escape with the TARDIS.
They bring the Jones family back to their time ship. Then they fix the engines of the time ship. Amy and the Doctor say good bye to the family. Billy tells the Doctor that he loves the TARDIS. He wants to know how much the Doctor paid for it. The Doctor doesn't answer the question and says that they need to go. Then the Doctor and Amy leave with the TARDIS.
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Billy Jones
- Mrs Jones
- Mr Jones
- Drone Dalek
- Scientist Dalek
- Strategist Dalek
- Silurian Hunters
- The Doctor mentions his great-aunt Inertia.
Story notes Edit
- If either the Doctor or Amy is killed during the game, they regenerate.
- An update for the game was released on 14 January. It included a new game entitled The Christmas Trap, featuring Autons.
- Another update was released on 7 May, which included a new game entitled Angels in the Shadows, featuring Weeping Angels. The update also included a level creator using the game's sandbox engine.
- Upon exploring the mine, the Doctor notes that he and Amy have seen bio-technology before. The Silurians previously used bio-technology in TV: Cold Blood.
- The Doctor and Amy revisited Angelica, a small town which was previously lost and saved by the Doctor and Amy. (GAME: Angels in the Shadows)
- ↑ Doctor Who TV - Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time Announced - 24 November 2010; accessed 4 December 2011