The Many Deaths of Jo Grant was the fourth story of the sixth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Cavan Scott and Mark Wright and featured Jo Grant.
"I wasn't going to let this happen. After all we'd been through, the Doctor wasn't going to die like this, on his knees, in the mud."
When Jo Grant was very young, her grandmother told her that there was a time for everything. A time to laugh and a time to cry. A time to live and a time to die.
to be added
- Rowe created artificial scenarios in which the Doctor sacrificed his life to save Jo, his granddaughter Susan Foreman, Jamie McCrimmon, Zoe Heriot, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and Sgt Benton, among many others.
- This audio drama was recorded on 28 March 2011.
- It was released on 14 October 2011.
- This story is set between Carnival of Monsters and Frontier in Space.
- In the first artificial scenario, the Brigadier refers to the Doctor recently being released from his exile on Earth by the Time Lords in gratitude for his assistance in dealing with Omega. (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Doctor promised to take Jo to the Hanging Gardens of Draconia. (TV: Frontier in Space)
- Jo mentions watching a documentary about a cult in Utah on BBC3, which "gave [her] the creeps." (TV: The Dæmons)
- The Doctor mentions the fast return switch. (TV: The Edge of Destruction)