Publisher's summary Edit
Responding to a distress call from the mysterious hulk, the Doctor and his companion, space pilot Mathew Sharpe, walk into a desperate situation. The multi-tentacled semibionic Makara were tasked with renovating the abandoned craft, but now they’ve begun murdering their employers.
The Doctor soon realises that the Makara have been programmed to kill, but by whom, and for what reason? Finding out the truth will mean uncovering a secret that threatens the entire Universe.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Mathew Sharpe - George Sear
- Eric Drazen - Matthew Holness
- Esther Brak / Soberin / Recording - Susie Riddell
- Juniper Hartigan - Anna Barry
- Willoway - Ruth Sillers
- Captain Schumer / Multiple Makaras / Holo-Guide - Jonathan Christie
- Varian / Multiple Makaras - Dan March
to be added
- Recording of the story took place on 8 and 14 November 2017 at The Moat Studios.
- In addition to the last cover to use the Sixth Doctor sidebar, this story was the last to use the sidebar cover layout completely, which was introduced in AUDIO: Renaissance of the Daleks.
- The Doctor mentions Skaro, the Daleks, (TV: The Daleks, etc.) carrot juice, (TV: Terror of the Vervoids, etc.) Terileptils, (TV: The Visitation) Harry Sullivan (TV: Robot, etc.) and Stattenheim remote controls. (TV: The Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors)
- Mathew mentions Quarks. (TV: The Dominators, etc.)
- Drazen mentions Ogrons. (TV: Day of the Daleks)
- The Doctor calls out for Peri as he regains consciousness. (TV: Planet of Fire)