Responding to a distress call from the mysterious hulk, the Doctor and his companion, space pilot Mathew Sharpe, walk into a desperate situation. The multi-tentacled semibionic Makara were tasked with renovating the abandoned craft, but now they’ve begun murdering their employers.
The Doctor soon realises that the Makara have been programmed to kill, but by whom, and for what reason? Finding out the truth will mean uncovering a secret that threatens the entire Universe.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Mathew Sharpe - George Sear
- Eric Drazen - Matthew Holness
- Esther Brak / Soberin / Recording - Susie Riddell
- Juniper Hartigan - Anna Barry
- Willoway - Ruth Sillers
- Captain Schumer / Multiple Makaras / Holo-Guide - Jonathan Christie
- Varian / Multiple Makaras - Dan March
- The Doctor and Mathew arrive on the Nomad in 3115, 400 years after Mathew's time.
- The Doctor has faced the Gyst before.
- The Makara require body-suits.
- The Doctor mentions Mount Callisto.
- An artronic crystal can generate a time bubble where time moves at a different rate and the bubble's internal dimensions are distorted.
- If a time bubble splinters or shatters, anyone inside the bubble would be scattered in time.
- The Myriad Army played "The March of the Myriad" as they attacked planets nearly 2000 years ago.
- "The Myriad" claims to be the next universe after this one, where the entire universe is a hive intelligence.
- The Doctor, Mathew, and Drazen are sent 72 years in the future (3187), where their past actions have become part of established history.
- Recording of the story took place on 8 and 14 November 2017 at The Moat Studios.
- In addition to the last cover to use the Sixth Doctor sidebar, this story was the last to use the sidebar cover layout completely, which was introduced in AUDIO: Renaissance of the Daleks.
- This story was originally released on CD and download.
- The Doctor mentions Skaro, the Daleks, (TV: The Daleks, etc.) carrot juice, (TV: Terror of the Vervoids, etc.) Terileptils, (TV: The Visitation) and Harry Sullivan (TV: Robot, etc.)
- He mislaid his Stattenheim remote control several centuries ago. (TV: The Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors)
- He exclaims "by the beard of Rassilon" (PROSE: Burning Heart) and uses the expression "safe as houses." (AUDIO: Singularity, Caerdroia)
- The Doctor checks the radiation meter (TV: The Daleks) and the fault locator (TV: The Edge of Destruction)
- Mathew mentions Quarks. (TV: The Dominators, etc.)
- Drazen mentions he could've got Ogrons instead of Gyst for half the price. (TV: Day of the Daleks)
- The Doctor calls out for Peri as he regains consciousness. (TV: Planet of Fire)