Summary[edit | edit source]
Arriving at the Shackleton Crater on the Moon in 2039, two Earth astronauts in search of water find the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond already there. The crater, always on the dark side of the moon has been probed to reveal a good source of ice. A torch is shone into the crater. There is no reflection of light from any ice, but the torches pick out something else in the dark, something that races out towards them.
The Doctor holds off the creature long enough with his sonic screwdriver for the group to return to the spacecraft. Back at the ship, the Doctor explains the creature is a Tyk, absorbing all light to grow. The Tyk is tricked by a solar panel from the ship into a trap by Amy, who attracts its attention. She gets it to knock itself out by charging at a wall reflecting her image. Stunned, the Tyk is loaded into a rocket and fired into a permanent orbit around the sun, where it can feast and be happy. Amy makes the closing comment, "Light meals. Very healthy."
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 191 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – More adventures for the Doctor and Amy
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor wears an orange spacesuit as his tenth incarnation did in TV: The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit.