The Lords of Terror was the first story in the audio anthology The Eighth Doctor: Time War: Volume Two, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jonathan Morris and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Rakhee Thakrar as Bliss.
A full draft of the story, set to feature John Hurt as the War Doctor, was written by Morris but could not be recorded due to Hurt's passing. This led him to "redraft it from scratch" with the Eighth Doctor.
No dissent is allowed. The Daleks are coming. The planet must be ready to fight them.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Bliss - Rakhee Thakrar
- Major Tamasan - Nikki Amuka-Bird
- Lendek / Scientist - Amanda Root
- Pollia / Countdown - Rakie Ayola
- Rendo / Guard 1 - Guy Adams
- Carvil / Shaler - Simon Slater
- Guard - Christopher Naylor
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- Bliss mentions Jupiter Spaceport.
- The Fifth Tamasan has a TARDIS.
- The Doctor quotes the ending of Animal Farm.
- The original "USP" for the story, back when it was supposed to star the War Doctor, was that John Hurt would "find himself back in Nineteen Eighty-Four — the role of Winstom Smith in the 1984 film adaptation of the novel being one of Hurt's best-known theatrical performances.
- The Doctor asks Bliss how she'll explain to her family how she survived the destruction of the Theseus. (AUDIO: The Starship of Theseus)
- Tamasan has regenerated and achieved the rank of Major since the battle of Tenacity. (AUDIO: The Conscript)
- The Doctor was once sent on a mission to avert the creation of the Daleks. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- The Doctor calls Carvil "a good Dalek." (TV: Into the Dalek)