The Long Way Round was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology Stranded 2, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by John Dorney and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka, Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair, Rebecca Root as Tania Bell, Tom Price as Andy Davidson and Tom Baker as the Curator.
Something is wrong with Earth’s future – so the Doctor decides to see it for himself. But very soon, the travellers are captured. Someone seems to know their every move. An interrogator wants answers, but do they even know the right questions?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Tania Bell - Rebecca Root
- Sergeant Andy Davidson - Tom Price
- The Curator - Tom Baker
- Robin - Joel James Davison
- Gemma - Venice Van Someren
- Houlbrooke - Annabelle Dowler
- The Curator loves pigeons.
- The Curator misquotes the "the Ad-dressing of Cats" by T.S. Eliot, changing the words to be be about pigeons. He also claims to have met Eliot.
to be added
- Houlbrooke claims to know about Torchwood, Gwen Cooper, (TV: Everything Changes, et al.) and Yvonne Hartman. (TV: Army of Ghosts)
- Houlbrooke talks to Helen about the Rarkelians trying to kill the Doctor. (AUDIO: Divine Intervention)
- Helen talks with Houlbrooke about her experiences with regeneration. (AUDIO: The Doomsday Chronometer)
- Helen recalls her encounter with Divine Intervention. (AUDIO: Divine Intervention)
- Liv's encounter with the Seventh Doctor is talked about by both Helen and Liv. (AUDIO: Robophobia)
- This would not be the first time that someone pretended to be the Doctor for illegitimate purposes. The Master would do it on several occasions and in different incarnations (PROSE: Anything You Can Do, AUDIO: Dominion, COMIC: The Master Plan), as well as Banto Zame, (AUDIO: The One Doctor) and the Nun. (AUDIO: The Wrong Woman)