Silurian Kaya's father is preparing to go into suspended animation under the surface of the Earth, and he finally tells his daughter what is going on. There is a little planet coming very close to the Earth that will cause chaos, and it won't be safe for Silurians. Kaya is sad to hear she cannot bring her pet monkey Leefa under the surface. She spends the weeks leading up to their departure playing with Leefa and attempting to teach him how to talk.
When all of the Silurians have left the surface, Leefa shouts "Kaya!" into the distance.
The narrator says that the little planet didn't cause chaos, but instead went into alignment with the Earth. While the Silurians are hibernating, "warm-bloods, mammals and birds" flourished, and humans created cities and explored space and the little planet. They still haven't discovered that the Silurians are deep underground, sleeping and waiting.
Story notes Edit
- Kaya's father mentions Eldane when explaining to her why she can't bring Leefa.
- This is the first story to follow the Silurians' struggle into hibernation under the surface of the Earth.
- The entire story is told by an unspecified Silurian. It is likely that the Silurian was part of Kaya's family, as it knew everything that her and her father said word-for-word.
- Malohkeh helps Kaya into hibernation. It is also said in this story that he and Kaya's father were good friends.
Production errors Edit
- The illustrations for the story show Kaya as a warrior, even though she was a little girl.