The Lifeboat and the Deathboat was the third story of the audio anthology, The Diary of River Song: Series Five. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Alex Kingston as River Song and Eric Roberts as the Master.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Stranded in the Vortex, a father and daughter do their best to survive, living on salvage in a ramshackle vessel.
Elsewhere, an obsessive ship’s captain hunts down a vengeful monster, whatever the cost.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- River Song - Alex Kingston
- The Master - Eric Roberts
- Alison - Lucy Heath
- Admiral Eno - Sasha Behar
- Ayrton Valencia / Engineer - Himesh Patel
- Kaliopi Mileska / Robot - Eleanor Crooks
- Number Two / Computer / James - Christopher Naylor
References[edit | edit source]
- "Daniel" and Alison claim to be travelling from the 42nd century to the Triassic Period.
- Kaliopi uses a sonic scimitar.
- The TARDIS room the Master is trapped in contains a cricket bat.
- River believed that she had met all the Master's bodies.
- The Master acknowledges that his current body was stolen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Master recalls the Daleks killing him, his possessing of a human body, and falling into the Eye of Harmony. (TV: Doctor Who)
[edit | edit source]