Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart never could work out what to do with Private Gwynfor Evans. He never got on with the troops, was always shirking responsibility. So a reassignment to Imber was in order, and a whole new training programme under the watchful eye of Captain Younghusband.
Things seemed to be working out, Evans even made a new friend in the shape of Private Tommy Godber, but things soon take a sinister turn when Evans finds himself the prisoner of a strange alien intelligence. The spearhead of a new invasion. But before it continues in its plan, the alien seems oddly curious about the life of Evans…
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Gwynfor Evans
- Derek Younghusband
- Tommy Godber
- Peyton Bryden
- Sergeant Major Greenland
- Lance Corporal Woolverton
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
References[edit | edit source]
- Grainger remembers a scene in Goldfinger where James Bond is about to be cut up by a laser beam.
- Dimas knows that humans aren't as vicious as Daleks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The short story Time and Again is contained at the back of the novella.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Glassa know about the Ymir and the Great Intelligence's attempts to attack Earth. (PROSE: The Grandfather Infestation, TV: The Web of Fear)
- Bryden's companies are having a big fight with International Electromatics. (TV: The Invasion)
- Lethbridge-Stewart has recently encountered the Loa. (PROSE: The Dreamer's Lament)
[edit | edit source]