The Library of Alexandria was the tenth story of the seventh series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Simon Guerrier and featured Ian Chesterton.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
What they are about to discover is the terrifying reason why...
Plot[edit | edit source]
The Library of Alexandria (1)[edit | edit source]
to be added
The Pathway to the Stars (2)[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Rosetta Stone is located in the Library of Alexandria, and will one day be found in Khito, by then known as Rosetta.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Ian remembers the Doctor saying "Our destiny is in the stars." (TV: The Reign of Terror)
- Alexander the Great is referred to as an old friend. (AUDIO: Farewell, Great Macedon)
- This will not be the last time that the Doctor, Ian and Barbara visit the library during peculiar happenings. (PROSE: The Book of Shadows)
- Ian recalls seeing the Transit of Venus in 1770. (AUDIO: The Transit of Venus)
- Following the library's destruction, the Fourth Doctor was ejected from the premises and had his lending privileges suspended because they did not trust him after he misshelved the Dead Sea Scrolls. Nevertheless, he still had one of their books, Ptolemy's Treatise on the Structure, Position and Medicinal Nature of Celestial Bodies out on loan some 2093 years and four months after it was due back. (PROSE: Eye of Heaven)
- At some point prior to his seventh incarnation, the Doctor saved two of Aristophanes' plays from the flames. (PROSE: Timewyrm: Apocalypse)
- The Eighth Doctor would later tell his companion Tamsin Drew that he was present for the burning of the Library of Alexandria but could not prevent it from happening due to the Web of Time. (AUDIO: The Resurrection of Mars)
- Being able to read the Mim's reconnaissance report without any problem, Ian explains to Hypatia that he has a gift for being able to read and understand languages without even knowing them. (TV: The End of the World et al.)
- By the time of his sixth incarnation, the Doctor had rescued several scrolls from the Library of Alexandria during the fire. (AUDIO: The Carrionite Curse)
[edit | edit source]