Marketed as the biggest audio crossover event ever, it featured nine incarnations of the Doctor, as well as Bernice Summerfield, River Song, Romana II and Leela, both the 1970s and 2010s UNIT teams, and Counter-Measures.
On 22 August 2019, the limited edition of the anthology became out-of-print, but the digital version of the limited edition remained available for purchase. On 4 September 2019, a standard edition was made available for purchase on CD that was without the two hours of behind-the-scenes content.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Time is collapsing. Incidents of chaos and devastation are appearing throughout the lives of one Time Lord and his many friends – all fallout from one terrible disaster. From Earth's past and present to timeless alien worlds, from the cloisters of Gallifrey into the Vortex itself... The Doctor must save universal history – and he needs all the help he can get.
On a strange ruined world, a renowned archaeologist opens an ancient tomb. Only to find another archaeologist got there first. Professors Summerfield and Song unite to solve a mystery. Then the Eighth Doctor arrives, and things really become dangerous. Because their best friend isn’t quite the man River and Benny remember...
A criminal gang appears to have recruited a member with time-bending powers. It’s a case for the Counter-Measures team – in the 1960s and the 1970s! The Seventh Doctor and Ace have their work cut out to save the day twice over, and make sure Gilmore, Rachel and Allison don’t collide with their past, or their future.
When pockets of temporal instability appear in a Dorset village, UNIT are called in. Soon, Kate Stewart and Jo Jones find themselves working alongside the Third Doctor, while Osgood battles to get them home. But this isn’t the first time UNIT has faced this threat. Only before, it seems that Jo Grant didn’t survive...
Disaster strikes inside the Time Vortex, and the Fifth Doctor is thrown together with someone from his future... someone claiming to be his daughter! Kleptomaniac Time Lord, the Nine, believes it’s his chance to steal something huge. But Jenny just wants her dad to believe in her.
DI Patricia Menzies is used to the strange, but even she is surprised when the eighteenth century itself falls onto her patch. Fortunately, she has the founders of modern policing to help with her enquiries. And when the Sixth Doctor and Charley arrive, they find armed and hostile forces trying to change Earth history forever.
Collision Course by Guy Adams
Fallout from the temporal distortions has now reached Gallifrey. To find the cause, Leela and Romana remember travels with the Fourth Doctor to the same world, at different times. The enemy is revealed, and it may take more than one Doctor to prevent the destruction of everything!
Stories[edit | edit source]
|Lies in Ruins||James Goss||Ken Bentley||8th||River, Benny||17 July 2019||BFP20LEGACY|
|The Split Infinitive||John Dorney||7th||Ace, Ian, Rachel, Allison, Toby|
|The Sacrifice of Jo Grant||Guy Adams||3rd||Jo, Kate, Osgood, Allison, the Brigadier|
|Relative Time||Matt Fitton||5th||Jenny, the Nine|
|The Avenues of Possibility||Jonathan Morris||Helen Goldwyn||6th||Charley, Patricia Menzies|
|Collision Course||Guy Adams||Ken Bentley||4th||First Doctor, Second Doctor, Third Doctor, Fifth Doctor, Sixth Doctor, Seventh Doctor, Eighth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Benny, Leela, Romana II|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This release was limited to 4000 physical copies.
- A day after its release, a prelude was uploaded on Big Finish's YouTube channel.
- The anthology had been in production for three years prior to its release.
- After the Big Finish website redesign, Katy Manning was listed as playing Iris Wildthyme in the anthology rather than Jo Jones. This later proved to be a mistake and it was quickly reverted.
- During the 2019 Big Finish Day on 22 June, the first story, Lies in Ruins, was played to audience members. Additionally, Lies in Ruins was broadcast on the Doctor Who YouTube channel on 21 July.
- Prior to the announcement of Relative Time, a cover was released without Jenny.
- A text-less version of the original cover without Jenny was also published by Tom Webster on his Twitter. 
- Daughter of the Gods, in the sixth series of The Early Adventures released in November of the same year, also served in part to mark Big Finish's 20-year Doctor Who milestone. (BFX: Daughter of the Gods)
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Legacy of Time (Standard Edition) page at bigfinish.com
- Official The Legacy of Time (Limited Edition) page at bigfinish.com
Footnotes[edit | edit source]