The Law Machines was the first story in Machines.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Mayor of London is launching her bold new law and order initiative. The capital will be kept safe from crime, from fear, from terrorists. The Law Machines are launching. What could possibly go wrong?
to be added
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy Ann Oberman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Fiona - Adjoa Andoh
- Julian - Daniel Anthony
- Tommy - Timothy Bentinck
- Receptionist - Helen Goldwyn
- Law Machines/WOTAN - Nicholas Pegg
- Torchwood was involved in the cleaning up from C-Day in 1966.
- Keith was McAndrew's driver.
- The hard drive which stored WOTAN was thrown out by Torchwood; the program was recovered by Julian Delaware, who became WOTAN's first slave.
- Lawrence worked at Torchwood One as part of the Platinum Security Team.
- Diane was in charge of Torchwood Tower during the crisis.
- The Brett Archive contains leftover computers, programming and notes left over from Professor Brett, the creator of WOTAN.
- McAndrew says that Gold Command will have mobilised.
- WOTAN still believes it is meant to connect all the computers of the world; Julian explains to it that this is not necessary, since the internet already does this.
- In addition to Torchwood One, Walters and Hunt is also located in Torchwood Tower.
- Zara is a weapons-trained member of Torchwood who set up a printer at the Docklands.
- Kareem is a Torchwood member who makes a Law Machine behave.
- Andre works in Torchwood Tower.
to be added
- The Law Machines are based upon the design for the War Machines. WOTAN is able to take them over based on this. (TV: The War Machines)
- Yvonne once again intimidates an elected official into obeying her. (AUDIO: One Rule)
- Yvonne tells Fiona she has tea with the Queen once a week. (AUDIO: New Girl)
- Tommy has a new appreciation for Yvonne's leadership, having survived Rachel Allan's regime. (AUDIO: Uprising)
- WOTAN sees the necessity of having Yvonne Hartman's insight and skills, informing his slaves that "Yvonne Hartman is required." (TV: The War Machines)