People are dying. Just a few, over a period of months... but the strange thing is that each person received a letter predicting the date and time of their death.
Her investigation ultimately uncovers a threat that could lead to the end of the world, but this time Liz has someone to help her.
to be added
to be added
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart is on one of Dame Emily Shaw's committees.
- Liz's sister Lucy is an architect who works in Reading. She has at least two children.
- Liz tells her mother that the Doctor is still getting used to his "new face" and that he resembled a "geography teacher" when he first encountered UNIT.
- Emily is an expert in medieval belief systems. She lectures at St. Hugh's College, an all-girls school at the University of Oxford. She holds two doctorates.
- Emily was a friend of Winston Churchill, whom she affectionately refers to as "Old Winnie." The Doctor reminds her of Churchill.
- This was the final audio drama to feature Caroline John playing Liz Shaw before her death in June 2012.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 January 2012.
- This story starts off during the events of Spearhead from Space and runs parallel to most of the events of Season 7, ending just before Inferno.
- Liz tells her mother that the Earth is being invaded by "living plastic creatures." Emily laments that there was an exhibition of senior civil servants in Madame Tussauds. (TV: Spearhead from Space)
- Liz refers to the evacuation of London during the Cyberman invasion in 1975. (TV: The Invasion)
- While at Wenley Moor nuclear research facility, Liz writes to her mother assuring her that a vaccine has been found for the Silurian virus and telling her that Dr. Charles Lawrence and Edward Masters were sent letters predicting the exact dates and times of their deaths. (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians)
- Emily writes to Liz that she met Sir Charles Grover at one of her committee meetings, who claimed that the Silurian virus was a portent of things to come. (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs)
- The Brigadier is preparing for the World Peace Conference. (TV: The Mind of Evil)
- Emily saw Liz on BBC3 over the shoulder of the reporter John Wakefield before the launch of the Recovery 7. (TV: The Ambassadors of Death; PROSE: Who Killed Kennedy)
- Professor Bruno Taltalian and Sir James Quinlan were among those who received letters predicting the exact dates and times of their deaths. (TV: The Ambassadors of Death)
- Emily refers to Sir Keith Gold (TV: Inferno) and Sir Reginald Styles (TV: Day of the Daleks).
- The Doctor describes Professor Eric Stahlman as "some damned fool [who] is trying to drill to the centre of the Earth" while Emily describes him as "an old goat." (TV: Inferno)
- Prior to his death, General Andrews was the governor of Stangmoor Prison. (TV: The Mind of Evil)
- The processing banks of the Apocalypse Clock were salvaged from WOTAN in the Post Office Tower following its destruction on 20 July 1966. Like WOTAN, it comments that "Doctor Who is required." Upon his arrival, the Doctor recognises the components salvaged from WOTAN. (TV: The War Machines)
- The Apocalypse Clock predicts the Doctor has multiple deaths, (TV: Logopolis, The Caves of Androzani, et al) one of which involves spiders. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)