The Last Line was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology Self-Defence, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Lizzie Hopley and featured Derek Jacobi as the War Master and David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor.
At the mercy of an ancient and powerful race, the Master calls upon his oldest friend in his hour of need. The problem is he doesn't recognise this incarnation of the Doctor... while the Doctor knows this Master all too well.
to be added
- The Master - Derek Jacobi
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Salaskin - Abigail Thaw
- Goriant - Steven Flynn
- Severine - Sophie Shad
- The TARDIS' Cloister Bell tolls.
- Severine makes telepathic contact with the Doctor's TARDIS and learns the ship is female.
- The Master mentions Borusa.
to be added
- The Doctor thought he'd seen the last of this Master. (TV: Utopia)
- The Doctor notes "that New Year's Eve has a lot to answer for". (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor explains that he briefly met this incarnation of the Master "a while back" and that the latter had "moved on quickly". (TV: Utopia)
- The Master recites the first few lines of the Zagreus rhyme, before he is cut off by the Doctor. (AUDIO: Project: Twilight, Neverland, Zagreus)
- The Master recalls the Doctor having the opportunity to be President of the High Council but running away. (TV: The Invasion of Time, The Five Doctors)