- You may be looking for the titular concept.
The Last was the sixty-second story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Gary Hopkins and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard and Conrad Westmaas as C'rizz.
Publisher's summary Edit
Trapped on a dying world, the Doctor and Charley come face-to-face with those responsible for the war to end all wars, while C'rizz tries to understand what has happened and learns the terrible truth.
With Charley immobilised and C'rizz left to battle against the elements with some of the victims of war, one final, desperate hope of escape presents itself to the travellers.
But who will be the last to leave the planet? Who will have to stay behind? And will the Doctor, Charley and C'rizz live long enough to find out?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- The Kro'ka - Stephen Perring
- Excelsior - Carolyn Jones
- Minister Voss - Ian Brooker
- Minister Tralfinial - Robert Hines
- Landscar - Richard Derrington
- Requiem - Tom Eastwood
- Nurse - Jane Hills
- Make-Up Assistant - John Dorney
- Voss is the Bortresoye Minister of War while Tralfinial is the Minister of Peace.
- The Kro'ka presents the Doctor with visions of Katarina and Adric, two of his companions who died while under his care.
- Most of C'rizz' family and friends were killed when the Kromon invaded Eutermes.
- Charley believes that all war is a crime.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor refers to Katarina as "the little handmaiden from Troy." He regrets taking her away from her own time and giving her hope, only for her to be killed shortly afterwards.
- The Doctor quotes Dante's "Inferno".
- The Doctor believes that the Kro'ka may have moved the TARDIS off-world.
- Following the nuclear war, Voss reports that 60 million of Bortresoye's population of 75 million have been killed. However, Tralfinial believes that the death toll is even higher than that.
- An illustrated preview for this story appeared in DWM 349 by Martin Geraghty.
- A deleted scene from Episode 4 with the Eighth Doctor was included with Big Finish Magazine #6. The clip had been removed for time and pacing considerations. It is 1:59 in length.
- The working titles for this story were Would The Last Person To Leave The Planet Please Switch Off The Light? and Last.
- This story is unusual in that it does not feature the TARDIS. It was the last such story in the main range until AUDIO: LIVE 34 in September 2005.
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 and 10 June 2004.
- This story was originally released on CD. It is now available as a download only.
- This story is set after the 1996 TV Movie.
- The Doctor encounters the shades of his deceased companions Katarina and Adric. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan, Earthshock) He refers to the former sacrificing her life to save his first incarnation and Steven Taylor. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- C'rizz wears a moon stone around his neck which was given to him by his father Guidance on the day of his wedding to L'da. (AUDIO: The Next Life, The Creed of the Kromon)
- C'rizz and Charley discuss the fate of L'da. (AUDIO: The Creed of the Kromon)
- Official The Last page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Last at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide