- You may be looking for LEGO in the DWU.
The LEGO Group — often referred to as simply LEGO — is a Danish toy producer that produces LEGO. It was founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen and has, since then, produced many LEGO toys, LEGO video games and, most recently LEGO animation movies.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Doctor Who[edit | edit source]
LEGO initially could not produce Doctor Who sets to due licensing issues, as Character Options made similar products around the same time. However, in February 2014, Lego Cuusoo, a website where users get to vote on potential future LEGO products, accepted Doctor Who submissions.  A Doctor Who project attained 10,000 supporters on 13 March 2014, and therefore entered the review phase.
Arthur Parsons of TT Games stated in 2011 that he and the team would love to add LEGO Doctor Who: The Video Game to the list of LEGO video games of their design, should LEGO begin manufacturing Doctor Who toys.
Doctor Who characters also appeared in the video game LEGO Dimensions, with newly recorded audio from Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Michelle Gomez and Nicholas Briggs. Other characters from the franchise had their voices added through archive audio.
While promoting Dimensions, LEGO released Doctor, Doctor, Doctor, a short animation which featured three Doctors present on the game: the Twelfth Doctor, Doc Brown and Peter Venkman. Also, Harley Quinn, a former psychiatrist, plays a small role on the end of the webcast. Characters from several other franchises present on the game can be walking on Brick Boulevard.
Other franchises[edit | edit source]
Minifigures[edit | edit source]
Video games[edit | edit source]
The LEGO Group has also produced LEGO video games, most notably:
- LEGO Star Wars (and multiple sequels)
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (and its sequel: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7)
- LEGO Indiana Jones
- LEGO Batman (and its two sequels)
Animated movies[edit | edit source]
Most recently, LEGO began making animated movies with their characters. The first of these was The Lego Movie, which featured original characters as well as characters from other franchises, such as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
[edit | edit source]
- Official website
- The Doctor at Brickipedia, the LEGO wiki
- The LEGO Group at Brickipedia, the LEGO wiki
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- License Conflicts and Resolutions - Help, FAQs & Support. Lego Cuusoo (25 February 2014). Retrieved on 26 February 2014.
- McEwan, Cameron K (25 February 2014). Are Doctor Who LEGO sets on the way?. Den of Geek. Retrieved on 26 February 2014.
- Doctor Who. Lego Cuusoo (13 March 2014). Retrieved on 13 March 2014.
- East, Thomas (25 October 2011). LEGO Doctor Who would be epic - TT Games. Official Nintendo Magazine. Retrieved on 15 March 2014.