The Kchrusivour Gambit was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2011.
The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams busy themselves rescuing survivors of an alien spacecraft that has crashed into a beach on 23rd century Earth. Feeling sorry for the poor little things, the Doctor leaves them in the hands of the emergency services and offers to pop by their homeland and let their nearest and dearest know that the survivors are OK. Reluctantly the aliens give their home world as Pirius Voon in the Grizellda Quadrant and the TARDIS leaves with its crew.
No sooner has the TARDIS left than the aliens disengage their perception filters and reveal themselves as Kchrusivours — savage alien giants who begin to enslave the humans around them. They claim the Earth as their new home world. Having visited Prius Voon, only to find it as a lifeless planet stripped of all its resources, the Doctor begins to sense he has been tricked. Returning to find the Earth surrounded by a force field, the TARDIS is only able to land by using the power generated by jettisoning the adventure playground.
The Kchrusivours have been busy, but overhearing them moaning about something in the air giving them a nasty rash the Doctor has an idea — and using some itching powder from his pocket, he distracts the Kchrusivours long enough to use his sonic screwdriver on their perception filter devices, trapping them in the form of the small and harmless looking Zonian forms until the authorities arrive to deal with them. With the Earth saved and humanity rescued, the Doctor decides to try and find another quiet beach to build sandcastles!
to be added
- After a run of stories involving Agent 99, the comic stories return to stand-alone one part tales.
- The Kchrusivour were the winning design in a recent Design a Monster competion by reader Sean Worley. A real life mock of the creature was made for display at the Doctor Who Experience.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 240 (4 pages) There is no next time teaser this issue.
- The TARDIS appears to have grown a new swimming pool after the last one was jettisoned. On several occasions extra power has been needed by the TARDIS which has been achieved by jettisoning parts of the interior. This solution was first used in (TV: Castrovalva).
- The Doctor made itching powder using Krillitane oil. (TV: School Reunion)