The Judgement of Isskar was the one hundred and seventeenth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the first of the three The Key 2 Time audio stories, featuring a new companion, Amy, played by Ciara Janson opposite Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor.
On a planet where Time stands still, the Doctor meets a woman who is just a few minutes old. She is a Tracer, sent into our universe by her makers to locate the six segments of the Key to Time. This being without a name wants the Doctor to be her assistant, but she doesn’t tell him the whole truth. Not at first.
Their first port of call is Mars, where a society that one day will become Ice Warriors lives in peace and civility. But the Doctor’s arrival will change all that. The universe is dying, a choice must be made, and the Judgement of Isskar will be declared. The price must be paid - even if it takes centuries…
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Amy - Ciara Janson
- Zara - Laura Doddington
- Isskar - Nicholas Briggs
- Harmonious 14 Zink - Andrew Jones
- Mesca - Raquel Cassidy
- Thetris - Jeremy James
- Wembik - Heather Wright
- Amy's nose tickles when in the presence of a segment of the Key to Time, in this case, the form of a compass, the capstone of a pyramid on Mars and a castle on Safeplace.
- The Martians, who would later become known as the Ice Warriors, do not recognise the term "warrior."
- The Doctor mentions that he "used to know a Zoe".
- The Doctor has been separated from his companion Peri; he mentions her habit of wearing impractical clothing.
- This story is narratively linked to AUDIO: The Prisoner's Dilemma, which was likewise released in January 2009.
- This audio drama was recorded on 24 and 25 April 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- Due to the Doctor's previous DIY combining of the Key to Time, the segments are now beginning to decay. (TV: The Armageddon Factor)
- The Doctor mentions joining a British mission to Mars in the 2000s after the Ice Warriors left the planet. (AUDIO: Red Dawn)
- The Doctor recalls Nyssa's first taste of chocolate, which while mentioned in AUDIO: The Elite, is implied to have occurred following the events of TV: Arc of Infinity.
- Following the destruction of Mars' atmosphere, the Ice Warriors fled to Deimos, one of the planet's moons, where they constructed catacombs and placed themselves in suspended animation in the hope of one day either reclaiming Mars or conquering Earth. Millions of years later, after Mars had been colonised by humans, large sections of the catacombs were open to the public in the museum in the Deimos moonbase in the 23rd century. (AUDIO: Deimos)
- Isskar witnessed Lord Izdaal, the greatest warrior in Ice Warrior society, step outside the shelter and sacrifice himself to the Red Dawn. (AUDIO: Red Dawn)
- Earlier in her personal timeline, Zara encountered the Seventh Doctor and Ace on Erratoon. However, she did not realise that the Fifth and Seventh Doctors were the same person. (AUDIO: The Prisoner's Dilemma)
- Official The Judgement of Isskar page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Judgement of Isskar at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide