The story saw several firsts for the Short Trips series. It was the first Short Trip to crossover with one of Big Finish's Doctor Who spin-offs. After minor references to the 21st century Doctor Who TV series in Lost and Found and The Blame Game, The Jago & Litefoot Revival was the first Short Trip to use a 21st century Doctor. It was also the first Short Trip to use three actors, edging out the previous record of two actors in A Full Life.
Tonight's lecture to the Club for Curious Scientific Men will be given by Professor George Litefoot, pathologist - assisted by his esteemed colleague Mr Henry Gordon Jago, theatrical impressario - who will recount a sequence of outlandish events in London and Greece, ruminate upon the nature of good fortune (or rather its absence), and provide a surprising account of a mercurial old friend. The lecture starts at 7:30 and will include an interval.
Fresh from another superlative season on the boards at the New Regency, we are this evening elated to welcome that master of melodrama, that sultan of story, that king of the cliffhanger Mr Henry Gordon Jago. Tonight, in his usual matchless and majestic manner, he will continue and conclude our captivating chronicle of fortune, change and revivification, with the indispensable assistance of that peerless pathologist, Professor George Litefoot.
to be added
to be added
- Litefoot mentions that Professor G Challenger has given a talk for the CCSM, and makes reference to a mathematician who gave a lecture on the dynamics of an asteroid.
- Litefoot sets sail from Dover.
- Jago visits the Red Tavern.
- Minos is an island in the Aegean Sea.
- This story was recorded at on 21 February 2017 at the Moat Studios.
- The appearance of the Eleventh Doctor was not announced prior to this story's release. Act one implies that Jago meets this incarnation, but it is not confirmed until Act two. Big Finish subsequently released an alternate cover art featuring Matt Smith instead of David Tennant.
- This story was re-released as a Jago & Litefoot story with Jago & Litefoot Forever.
- Performed in the style of The Companion Chronicles, this story was told from both Jago and Litefoot's perspective.
- Jean Bazemore previously appeared in AUDIO: Jago & Son.
- Litefoot mentions that his previous time on a cruise ship was much more eventful. (AUDIO: The Flying Frenchmen, The Devil's Dicemen, Island of Death, Return of the Nightmare)
- The Tenth Doctor is on his farewell tour visiting old friends and is already in the process of regenerating. (TV: The End of Time)
- Litefoot last encountered the Doctor about a year ago in an incident involving the Decayed Master. (AUDIO: Masterpiece)
- Litefoot recalls his defeat of the Scorchies. (AUDIO: Encore of the Scorchies)
- The Tenth Doctor opens the TARDIS doors by snapping his fingers, an ability he discovered earlier in this incarnation. (TV: Silence in the Library)
- The Eleventh Doctor uses the expression "Squeaky bum time," much to Jago's bewilderment. (TV: Cold Blood)
- The Eleventh Doctor wears a fez. (TV: The Big Bang et al.)
- Official The Jago & Litefoot Revival: Act one page at bigfinish.com
- Official The Jago & Litefoot Revival: Act two page at bigfinish.com