The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- The difficulties of making the studio sets look consistent with the location filming.
- Filming of the eruption sequences.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- Cast and crew excitement about location filming for this story.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Catherine Tate, Donna Noble
- Phil Cornwell, Stallholder
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Colin Teague, Director, Episode 2
- Edward Thomas, Production Designer
- Phil Collinson, Series Producer, Doctor Who
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who
- Tracie Simpson, Production Manager
- Bob Gurney, Facilities Manager
- Danny Hargreaves, Special Effects Supervisor
- James North, Associate Designer
- Dave Houghton, Visual Effects Supervisor
- Gaetano Manfredi, Guide
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Suburban Nights" by Hard-Fi, Album: Once Upon The Time in The West
- "This Song (Instrumental version)" by The Enemy, Album: We Live and Die in These Towns
- "So Low, So Hi (Instrumental version)" by Maps, Album: We Can Create
- "Banquet-Boys Noize Vox Mix" by Bloc Party, Album: Thrive Mix presents Electro
- "Drop Audio" by The Qemists, Album: Drop Audio (feat ID) Single
- "True Skool" by Cold Cut, Album: Sounds and Mirrors
- "I Shall Overcome (Instrumental)" by Hard-Fi, Album: Once Upon a time in the West
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Andy Clifford, James Daniels, John Podpadec, Andy Smith
- Sound - Rob Craig, Steve Hoy, Jon Thomas
- Runners - Scott Handcock, Stuart Laws
- Edit Assistant - Sam Jones
- Researchers - Ian Hay, Nathan Landeg, Robin Owen Ellis
- Assistant Producers - Paul Giddings, Paul Symonds, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Amanda Buckley
- Production Accountant - Elaine Stephenson
- Production Co-ordinator - Tors Grantham
- Production Managers - Kirsty Reid
- Production Executive - Paul Williams
- Editor - James Brailsford
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Produced & Directed by - Mark Procter
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
- The decision to film in Rome, as other options were not as viable.
- David's tour of the real Pompeii
- Filming the eruption (briefly)
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series DVD box set.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Episode 2 : The Italian Job. bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on 31 December 2018.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.