The Invasion of E-Space was the fourth story in the fifth series of The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Andrew Smith and featured Romana II.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Trapped within E-Space, the Doctor, Romana and Adric are searching for a Charged Vacuum Emboitment — the gateway back to our universe. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Then, by pure chance, a brand new CVE rips into being. Its makers are the Farrian, a warlike race who have the technology to break into E-Space. They have come to invade and plunder this new territory, and the riches of the planet Ballustra are their first target.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
- The Farrian can create CVEs and nearly win the Battle for Ballustra.
- There are eight billion Ballustrans (on Ballustra).
- Romana invokes her title as a Time Lord and lies about having a symbiosis with physics and being able to predict the nature of CVEs.
Astronomical objects[edit | edit source]
- Letrus is the moon of Ballustra.
- Ballustra has conditions similar to those of Earth.
- If a CVE collapsed, it would destroy a star system.
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- It's been 2 months since Adric joined.
Story notes[edit | edit source]
- This story had the working title of The CVE Makers.
- This is the third full story outside of the Season 18 television serials to be set within the E-Space trilogy, after Pathfinders and O, Darkness. It was also the first audio story to be set during the trilogy, and would be followed by A Full Life, in 2016, and The Fourth Doctor Adventures Series 9: Volume 1, in 2020.
- This was the first Fourth Doctor audio drama to feature Adric.
- This audio drama was recorded on 20 May 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- It was released on 13 October 2010.
- This story is set between State of Decay and Warriors' Gate.
- Unusual for a story set during Season 18, this story uses the Delia Derbyshire arrangement of the theme music rather than the Peter Howell arrangement.
- This story was told from Romana's perspective.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Romana II mentions their arrival in E-Space, Adric trying to join Varsh's gang and his status as an Elite. (TV: Full Circle)
- Romana mentions that Adric was initially a stowaway on the TARDIS. (TV: State of Decay)
- Romana puts the Doctor in the Zero Room after his synapses are damaged. (TV: Castrovalva)
- Romana refers to her decision to remain in E-Space and her quest to help the Tharils. (TV: Warriors' Gate)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]