- You may be looking for the in-universe concept of the "human factor".
The Human Factor was the second story in the Dalek Empire I audio series produced by Big Finish Productions. It advanced sixth months from the previous story and covers a period of approximately three additional months. Firmly establishing this as the first of Big Finish's stories told over a long period of (in-universe) time.
Publisher's summary Edit
...or the galaxy will be lost forever!
to be added
- Susan Mendes - Sarah Mowat
- Kalendorf - Gareth Thomas
- Narrator - Joyce Gibbs
- Wernay / Drudger / Gurian - Ian Brooker
- Morebi - David Sax
- Alby Brook - Mark McDonnell
- Gordon Pellan - John Wadmore
- Highness - Adrian Lloyd-James
- Daughter - Georgina Carter
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs and Alistair Lock
- The Dalek Emperor - Nicholas Briggs
Astronomical objects Edit
- K5000 is one of Garazone's many moons.
- Guria is at the edge of the Daleks' advance into the galaxy. It was previously one of the Earth Alliance's largest suppliers of fossil fuels.
- The Dalek Supreme claims that the Daleks have conquered a thousand planets since their invasion of Mutter's Spiral began six months earlier.
- Once the top of a Dalek's exterior casing is removed, a message is sent to Garazone Central, alerting the Dalek Supreme.
- Fifty Robomen were assigned to K5000 by the Daleks. All of them were killed by Morebi and his rebels.
- When the Daleks invaded Garazone, they killed Morebi's entire family. In order to save his own life, Morebi surrendered, for which he has never forgiven himself.
- Alby came from a broken home and became involved in crime as a youth in the slums on his homeworld of Proxima Major. He joined the Earth Alliance military as a means of escape but "got into trouble." He was given a reduced sentence since he agreed to work for Earth Security.
- Alby's legs were blown off when an assault vessel crashes on the Gurian rig to which he and Pellan were brought after being captured by the Daleks. He is given a pair of prosthetic legs.
- Prior to the Dalek invasion, the Rhinesberg Corporation, for which Suz worked as a geologist, had a major contract with the Earth Alliance Space Security Service relating to something called Project Infinity.
- Alby and Pellan spent six months in hypersleep, a form of suspended animation, aboard an Earth Security scout ship during their trip to Garazone.
Titles and offices Edit
- Throughout the galaxy, the human slave labourers refer to Suz as "the Angel of Mercy" as she gives them hope.
- David Sax (Morebi) is a pseudonym for Nicholas Briggs (the Daleks).
- The story takes place over the course of approximately three months.
- This audio drama was recorded on 3 June 2001 at The Moat Studios.
- After removing Suz from Vega VI, the Daleks transport her to the Garazone system, a "backwater" of the interstellar spacelanes which the Eighth Doctor and his companion Charley Pollard had visited in the 26th century. (AUDIO: Sword of Orion)
- This era is later revisited in AUDIO: Return of the Daleks, which bridges this story and the next.
- Official The Human Factor page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Human Factor at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide