The House on the Edge of Chaos was the third story in The Eighth Doctor: The Further Adventures of Lucie Miller: Volume One, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
The TARDIS brings the Doctor and Lucie to a vast house on the planet known as Horton's Orb. The only house on Horton's Orb, in fact. Outside its outsized windows there's nothing. No land. No sea. No sky. No life. Just an endless expanse of static.
Inside the house, there's an upstairs and a downstairs – servants below, gentlefolk from the finest of the house's families above. Alas, there are altogether too few eligible ladies on the upper floors these days. Meaning there's a vacancy for Miss Lucie Miller, single and unattached...
Outside the house, the static howls on. Except now, the static wants to get in.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Evangeline Horton - Carla Mendonça
- Darius Horton - Rupert Vansittart
- Alana Kelly - Alicia Ambrose-Bayly
- Frances Horton - Emily Woodward
- Berrigan Horton - Joe Jameson
- Lucie does not know how to curtsy.
- Frances is or was secretly involved with the "Collinses' girl", as well as with other girls. She is also attracted to Lucie.
- Lucie calls Berrigan The girl from Common People', in reference to the 1995 song by English alternative rock band Pulp.
- The Doctor says he has never been stuck in one place for more than a few centuries. (PROSE: The Burning, Escape Velocity) He would soon get stuck on Orbis with amnesia for 600 years. (AUDIO: Orbis)