The Doctor and Clara are called to a mysterious, isolated house on a moonlet in the Asurmian Reach. There they meet the inscrutable Justin Winter and his two assistants, Joey and Carenza. Winter has called for the Doctor's help: he and his friends are trapped in the house, all exits having long ago been sealed.
When even the TARDIS proves unable to dematerialise, the Doctor and Clara quickly realises they are as much prisoners as their new acquaintances. Strange blood moths fly around their heads, and there's a strange whispering and rustling from the shadows of the house's interior. As tensions rise, the Doctor struggles to engineer a way out — and a staggering series of revelations are about to be made.
to be added
- Clara says that in the 2010s, legwarmers, shoulder pads and 80s pop music have become popular again.
- Clara is surprised that printed books are still produced in the 25th century.
- The Doctor calls humans "pudding heads."
- Clara visited many National Trust houses in her childhood.
- This is the second story in the linked series about the Winter family.
- A German language version of this audiobook titled Das Haus narrated by Lutz Riedel was published by Lubbe Audio on 9 September 2016.
- The Doctor asks Clara if she is going on another date. (TV: Listen, Dark Water)
- A member of the Winter family summons the Doctor's TARDIS using a Gallifreyan calling card. (AUDIO: The Gods of Winter)
- Justin says his grandfather told him bedtime stories about the Doctor. (AUDIO: The Gods of Winter)
- The Doctor mentions the Menoptera. (TV: The Web Planet)