The Doctor returns to Earth to find that there is no Earth! There is only a white void with a small, old house being defended by a pensioner called Bob Manning. The house is under attack from dragon-like creatures. Bob believes they were sent by developers who want him out and has armed himself with a broom to beat them off.
The Doctor communicates with a shapeless entity outside who identifies himself as Absence. Absence wants to wipe this world so it is clean and free. When the Doctor guesses that there is something in the house protecting it, Bob suggests it could be the unexploded bomb someone had said they found. As they head down to the cellar Absence's creatures break through in pursuit. Reaching the cellar the Doctor and Bob cover their ears at the scream of "Intruders!"
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 1/2 DWBIT 69 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!
to be added