The Hourglass Killers was the sixteenth Big Finish Productions audio drama in the Jago & Litefoot series and the final episode of series 4. The story resolved the ongoing mystery of Professor Claudius Dark's identity, revealing him to be none other than the Sixth Doctor.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The sands of time are running... and they are in pursuit of Jago, Litefoot, Leela and Ellie. As the final battle gets underway, the infernal investigators make the decision of their lives...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Professor Claudius Dark - Colin Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Ellie Higson - Lisa Bowerman
- Sergeant Quick - Conrad Asquith
- Lord Ampthill - Terry Molloy
- Abigail Woburn - Elizabeth Counsell
- Mr Kempston - Christopher Beeny
- Mr Hardwick - Mike Grady
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor laments that he does not have access to a scanning electron microscope.
- The Doctor determines that the soil was taken from Bedfordshire.
- The Doctor sank the TARDIS to the bottom of the mud in the River Thames to hide it from Mr Kempston and Mr Hardwick. He intends to retrieve it using a Stattenheim remote control.
- Lord Ampthill's workmen discovered a Temparon vessel which was dragged to the 1890s by Professor Elliot Payne's temporal experiments.
- The Doctor has an appointment in the Horsehead Nebula in the 29th century.
- As her Time Ring is again operational, Leela returns to Gallifrey.
Story notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This is Jago and Litefoot's first encounter with the Doctor since the Weng-Chiang incident in 1889. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang) They would later meet the Fourth Doctor again in 1899 (AUDIO: The Justice of Jalxar), the Sixth Doctor later still (AUDIO: Stage Fright), and the Tenth and Eleventh Doctor later still, but respectively for each other. (AUDIO: The Jago & Litefoot Revival)
- In her personal timeline, Leela's last encounter with the Doctor occurred in the Dark Tower in the Death Zone on Gallifrey during his eighth incarnation. (AUDIO: Zagreus) In the interim, however, she encountered an alternative version of the Sixth Doctor known as the Burner Doctor on the Gallifrey of an alternative timeline. (AUDIO: Disassembled)
- Litefoot tells the Doctor that he and Jago previously destroyed a Sandman. (AUDIO: Jago in Love)
- The Doctor congratulates Sergeant Quick on his promotion. (AUDIO: The Bloodless Soldier)
- Jago refers to the metal spheres from the future which damaged Litefoot's house. (AUDIO: Chronoclasm) Litefoot complains that it is still undergoing repairs. (AUDIO: Jago in Love, Beautiful Things)
- The Doctor makes use of a Stattenheim remote control. (TV: The Mark of the Rani, TV: The Two Doctors, PROSE: World Game)
- Litefoot refers to Winnie O'Connor's time cracker. (AUDIO: The Lonely Clock)
- Like the Temperon vessel, the TARDIS was dragged to the 1890s as a result of Payne's temporal experiments. His experiments also prevented Leela's Time Ring from functioning. (AUDIO: Chronoclasm)
- Litefoot would later recall his and Jago's departure with the Doctor as having occurred in 1893. (AUDIO: The Age of Revolution)
[edit | edit source]