It's been many months since the Doctor was in Hexford, and Mrs Wibbsey keenly feels his absence. As her grave suspicions about her new neighbour grow, she is in danger of becoming ostracised from village life. When Mike Yates turns up at Nest Cottage with a visitor in tow, Mrs Wibbsey's life is turned even further upside down. Why has this strange new fellow appeared - and can he really be who Mike thinks he is?
With UNIT watching the skies, and a strange forest growing daily around the village perimeter, it comes as little surprise when an enormous spaceship slides into view and dominates the skyline. Who is watching Hexford, and what do they want? Never has Mrs Wibbsey needed the Doctor more. But can she cope with two...?
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- The Visitor - David Troughton
- Mrs Wibbsey - Susan Jameson
- Mike Yates - Richard Franklin
- Reverend Tonge - Cornelius Garrett
- Deirdre - Nerys Hughes
- Tish - Joanna Tope
- Villagers - Jack Sandle, Jay Villiers, Sam Hoare
to be added
- This story was recorded at Fitzrovia Post.
- This story was later included in The Nest Cottage Chronicles.
- Mike Yates calls the Second Doctor's haircut a "Beatles Haircut," a comparison Isobel Watkins, Jo Grant and Ace McShane have also made. (PROSE: Who Killed Kennedy; AUDIO: The Defectors; AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- The Second Doctor makes reference to "Yeti in the underground (TV: The Web of Fear) and Cybermen in the sewers." (TV: The Invasion)
- Mike says he once saw the Second Doctor during an incident with anti-matter. (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Fourth Doctor speculates he might not remember these events due to the Time Lords' meddling with the Second Doctor's life. (PROSE: World Game, AUDIO: The Annihilators)
- The Second Doctor exclaims "Oh my giddy aunt!" upon seeing the space ship.